Saturday, April 4, 2009

Three Croutons in a Teacup

In February of this year I started to put away the Christmas decorations (most of you understand this as you received your Christmas card from me in March). When I went to put the advent calendar in it's box I discovered that each of it's doors had been filled with treasures. There were blocks, handmade ornaments, kinex pieces, drawings on little papers, flannel board pieces, some jewelry... As I put each of these things away I almost began to cry. As much as I hate having a mess all the time, and complain that all I ever do with my time is clean, I will really miss not having little children. There is something so special about coming across three croutons in a fisher-price teacup, or the No More Tangles spray in a baby doll diaper bag, or a cup of daffodils on a little chair in the sun. It reminds me how precious little children are with their simple, creative, unpolluted minds. I love their curiosity and excitement for life. I love that they follow me around wanting to help me and play with me and learn to be like me. I love how they love to tell me everything even when most of it is made up. There is nothing like a child. I'm so lucky to have three.

3 comments:

  1. This is a perfect picture. I remember...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true - there's nothing like a child. Lainey amazes me all the time and I feel so lucky to have her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I complain about Jaden all the time. He is an exhausting child, but these are fun times and they always do something to make you laugh :)

    ReplyDelete