Saturday, April 4, 2009

Jesse's Birthday

January 31, 2009

Now that we have kids it seems that our birthdays are all about them. When I was in high school I babysat for a couple who said that they didn't have much of a night life after they had kids. I remember thinking, "what did you expect?" And so it is with birthdays. For Jesse's birthday I planned to go to "Kid Day" at Longwood Gardens. It was lots of fun because our kids were entertained. The zoo brought a couple of small animals over, there was a craft table, and there was a concert with a child oriented repertoire. After our time there Alli did her best impression of a "fall into the Gap ad."

After we put our kids in bed that night my parents came over for dinner and a movie. Dinner was delicious, but the movie nearly made us throw it all up. It was "Fireproof," one of the most low budget films I've ever seen. The acting was worse than an elementary school play. If any of you saw the mormon version of beauty and the beast, this rivaled that movie. My mom was planning to buy it as a gift for Jesse, but was unable to find it at the store. We are glad her $20 can be put to better use.

Jesse made the mistake of asking my dad where he was when he turned 28. My dad's answer put him to shame. Apparently my dad was one of those over-achievers. Maybe when we turn 60 we'll be where my parents were when they were 30. Here's hoping...

No comments:

Post a Comment